Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 2

Weighed in today. Decided to use a different form of measurement. I am tired of those nasty predictable kilos. I know the sight of them so well and I find them quite demoralizing. So this morning before I climbed on the scales I switched the button to pounds. Ha! I have no idea on the conversion of these little dudes, even tho I know it would be and is remarkably easy to do on the ever useful iphone, I am not even going to go there. All I know is that there is heaps of them and that must mean that they are easier to donate to the universe.

So here is my weight in pounds for today 202.2lbs

My second form of measurement is my brown pinstripe trousers.
Bought from Noni B. Liz Jordan brand. Size 18. Feeling of fit today: A little snug when sitting down.

I may report on the pants quite often, even on a daily basis, however the weight at this point in time will be reported on in 2 weeks. The reasoning behind this is that according to Paul McKenna whose book I read and whose techniques I will be following says, that slim people dont weigh themselves, in fact most of them dont even know how much they weigh and as I am going to be one of them really soon I may as well get into the mode.

So there it is.

The rules for this weight donation are:
1. Eat when you are hungry
2. Eat only what you want, never what you think you 'should'
3. Eat consciously and enjoy every mouthful.
4. Stop when you even think you are full.

How easy does that sound. Now I did a bit of a trial run of this technique a couple of weeks ago and found it quite easy to implement, however it did bring up a few things for me that I found quite confronting. But that is what this blog is for. To write all about it.

Right now I am doing the above and also
Picturing myself slim, then making that picture brighter, seeing what I can see, hearing what I can hear.

I did meet a friend of mine for lunch today, somewhere I had never really been before and had to deal with traffic etc, and by the time I sat down to eat was quite oblivious to my new rules, but much to my delight the first feeling of being full brought my awareness back to my body and I was able to stop eating straight away. Hurrah!!

Exercise today: 40 min walk, up hill and down. Would have walked further but the weather caught me off guard and I was unprepared for the squally rain and wind.

So until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment